CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Things I've missed

I just wanted to share an honorable mention for the month of July that I have failed to blog about.

July 25- has a double meaning in my life.

First, it is our one year anniversary for this house! The time has totally flown by and I hope it continues to do so. It keeps me from some of the mundane things that cause me to be anxious about responsibilities. Like I would really want to be anywhere else in my life right now, but still- I do worry a lot.

Second, it is the day I flew home to GA from Finland, five years ago. Five years ago! Can I even believe how fast that has flown by. I have so many great emotions that stir in my being when I think of my mission and Finland. Do I still speak the language? Yes, but very little. I mean, I didn't have a perfect grasp of vocabulary by any means. Of course, I could hold a conversation about the gospel and bear my testimony, and even BRT(build relationships of trust) a little. I did have some really neat experiences with the language when I explained to my native finn companion all about the movie The Princess Bride in finnish, and described the weird dream that I had had the night before as we were "trying" to fall asleep at night. She was really cool. One day I might make it over there again. And if I can't hope to take my children because of the flight prices, maybe I'll pray real hard for them to serve missions there ;)

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Eve! What a great post. I love those pictures. Your hair was so blond, and long too! I remember seeing you in Helen, GA right after your mission. And now here you are, all settled down raising your cute family.

Missions rock!

Caroline said...

I wanted to go on a mission. Maybe Madeleine will get to go :) What a neat experience to share with your kids!

Nicole said...

Eve!! It was so fun to find your comments on my blog. I am in the middle of thesis-writing at the moment and until then all social life is on hold. But we really have to get together, the four of us, and do something. Oh, actually, you have more attachments than one ;o) All of us then.

And: I didn't realize you had married an Adam. That's pretty fun. A lady named Eva (German variation) used to help my grandma clean her house and her husband's name was Adam, too. After a really big storm, my grandma had a lot of water in the basement and we had to clean that up. And we told everybody that Adam and Eve helped us with the flood. It was a hilarious Bible-story mess!

ucmama said...

And we still use our mittens in our Iowa winters and we LOVE them! Miss you :(

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

That was something I always wanted to do. Maybe someday. Now I see why you needed those wool mittens. BRRRRRRR! But it looks beautiful.