Let's back it up to where I've left off...
The funeral went well. You can read some about it here, on my sister's blog. She sang a great harmony to the song I wrote, and Kevin Hayes played guitar with me. That was on a Saturday. That next Monday my dad was actually buried, in the Georgia National Cemetery, and he gets a little quote put on his headstone,'Those who wish to sing always find a song', and a picture of the angel Moroni(reference 2.) to depict our religion. Kinda cool.
So then it was that my younger brother and sister were in town. It's been so much fun to have them here. Michael left two weeks ago and Bekah leaves tomorrow, but we have been having a blast. It's neat to see us grown up and parenting little offspring of our own. I'm really glad they both came and they really are great siblings, even though I wasn't always the nicest big sister.
It snowed! It was awesome and we built a snowman that was awesome! You can tell by the pictures.



The butt chin is awesome, sorry to brag.
Adam and I cleaned out the garage and the sun room- finally! Some stuff just relocated to the dining room, but it will eventually find a home in the attic or in someone else's abode. I have several things to yard sale and I have been telling Adam for quite some time now that I will have one, so I have started making a collection for the spring, which is the ideal time to have a yard sale.
Dontcha know.
I have tons of projects that I want to work on- painting murals, drawing/painting portraits, working on pottery, painting gourds, planning my garden, knitting mittens, and anything else that I pick up along the way.
Tripp turned two today- I feel a little anxious somehow. He's growing so fast, not physically, but he just isn't my baby anymore. I know I have plenty of Christina to cuddle, but I just want to make sure that I infuse into Tripp how much I love him. I hope that I can always be that kind of mother. That's how my mother is, so maybe it will rub off.
10 months ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment