CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 7, 2008

Three hours



OK, so I got the dreaded news that I had failed the one hour GD test, that's gestational diabetes if you're wondering. So I had to make an appointment at the hospital and take the three hour GD test. I had gone to the temple the week before with Adam, and really felt good about the blessings that we received from going there. So I had to drink the really sugary orange stuff, and between the hours of blood-letting, I used my time wisely and went to the nursery and talked with a nurse there about their routines and procedures, breastfeeding policies, and etc. She was really cool, and it's one less thing I have to worry about. When I went back to the doctor's for my OB exam, he told me that I passed the 3-hour test, and I was very relieved, but I was kind of sure that I passed it anyway. If I had not passed, then I would have to go to Atlanta to see a specialist, and depending on how bad I had it, I would have to change my diet and possibly take insulin shots-YUCK! I hate needles, and I think that I did really well with getting my blood drawn 4 times in one morning, but I don't think that I would be able to shoot myself.

1 comments:

Rebekah said...

You'd be surprised at what you can do to yourself if you have to. I can't stand needles as a result of too many terrible experiences giving blood with the Red Cross (I just have really difficult veins). When I had to start giving myself shots as part of my fertility treatments, I thought I'd have to get Chris to always do them. I did my third shot, and I've done every shot since just fine. These are subcutaneous with little needles, though. I hope I never have to give myself intramuscular shots.