You know, it took a pair of Jehovah Witness missionaries for me to realize how long it's been since I have really studied the scriptures. Not that any real conversation ensued, but I invited them back for a discussion and told them I was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and that I would be referencing the Book of Mormon along with the Bible. They gave me this little book that had chapters of topics in them, similar to what I did as a missionary, except with pamphlets and the Book of Mormon. I read the first chapter and it was about the nature of God. There were several differences that stood right out, but I knew that I would need scripture to back up my point of view, from the Book of Mormon and the Bible. I started reading and writing down references and then I just didn't want to stop. I have never really studied the Old Testament, and I have a hunger to do so. I thought that a discussion could be a good missionary opportunity, or to at least plant a seed. If they aren't interested in learning more about the Book of Mormon, then I won't engage in another discussion, but I am going to try to give them each a book. I took one of theirs, why shouldn't they take one of mine? We'll see. I'll have an update about it.
10 months ago


2 comments:
How cool, Eve! Keep us updated!
so I am dying to know how the meeting went. if it has gone on all ready.
I tried giving a book of mormon to some Jehovah witness missionaries once too...they wouldn't take it.
Post a Comment