
Wow. It is my second week watching my nieces and nephews and I tell you what. It's like having six kids. I get up at six, sometimes 6:55, and I get to their house by 8. Then it's a full day of one teenager, two drama queens, one five year-old rebel, and a toddler and baby, both in diapers. It's tough. The only thing tougher would be if I had to afford all the food that they consume. I totally love being close to them though. And I have an opportunity to hold scripture study with them, which went really well this week (hopefully next week will go well too). It's also a great learning experience for me. Training me for my family and future children to come. I realize that I yell a lot. I hate to admit it, but I do. And spankings were the common threat, until I had Tripp, and now Time-Out is the motivation to not to choose the wrong. Today for example, Jacob and I were cleaning the house, too bad it wasn't my own home, and Katie was outside with the boys. Next thing I know, she comes running in, telling me that James had turned the hose on and he and Erick were playing in the mud. They all got in trouble, including her for not keeping a better eye on them, but SHEESH! Tuesday I thought James would never live to see his 6th birthday, because he tried to pick up Tripp and dropped him. I was surprisingly calm, but that's because I sent James to his room before I could get over to where they were. I was pretty mad about it though, but I know James just wanted to play with him, obviously not remembering all the times that I have told him not to pick up the baby. I guess it was my fault for not telling him that day though. Tripp survived without bump or scrape, so I'm glad I didn't over do it. I guess the best part about it all is that I feel really close to my sister, Sarah. I love talking to them about her and telling stories. I know they miss her like me. But something really special is that we get to talk about them seeing and being with her again. I love the gospel. I'm glad I have the chance to teach it to them. I was even a little disappointed today when the Jehova Witnesses did not come by for our discussion. I guess I should have made an appointment with them, ha ha. Anyway, if they do ever show up, I'll blog about it.
10 months ago


4 comments:
You are such a good example for those kids! At YW camp on Tuesday Elizabeth said something, and I told her she sounded just like you (because she did) and she grinned and said "I know." I am sure your sister is very glad that you are there for them. What would we do without our knowledge of the gospel?!?
That's so awesome, Eve! I often wish I was closer just to see those kids grow. They're always so much bigger and so much wiser when I finally get to see them again. Give them all a hug and a kiss from me. Also, Tripp is freaking adorable.
You know, yelling a lot just may be your biggest vice. If so, I tip my hat to you. Thank you for being there for them babies. I hope to be close again soon after I graduate.
Eve--I didn't realize you were keeping all of them this summer. You're awesome! What a handful, yet you look for a way to help them build their testimonies. You're so amazing. I mean that.
Post a Comment