CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Keep on Swimming... just keep swimming...

I love swimming and always have. I remember pretending to have fins like a fish at a family reunion at Jaybird when I was little. Then it became a mermaid tail when the movie Splash came out, and again when the movie The Little Mermaid came out. I remember being 10 and climbing up the high dive in Riverton, Utah and biting my tongue as I hit the water- I am so afraid of heights.

This is a batik piece that I did in high school of that high dive memory, got a little banged up a few years ago in storage. The pool probably wasn't as big as it seemed to a little kid, but it definitely felt like I was 20 feet up in the air- and who knows? Maybe it was. But I can't for the life of me figure out why I went up there in the first place. I'm proud of myself for using a little courage though. Chalk it up to my love of swimming... I went swimming today, and it was fun.

3 comments:

Mikey said...

God made you love swimming so that you would save my life. Twice, wasn't it? Thanks again for that.

Mikey said...

Also, that painting looks like it came out of a Shel Silverstein book. You should make a little poem to go with it.

Eve said...

ha ha, maybe I will. I'm glad I had the courage to save you... twice! Life would've been dull without you. And now too I guess, but you live far away :) j/k