CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Pickin'

I'm going camping in a couple of weeks with a group that we go on vacation with every year- this is the 3rd annual trip. The first time we went camping was up in north Georgia at Lake Carter. Last year we went to St. Andrew's in Panama City. This year we are camping in Helen. I love Helen! This is where we almost always went camping when I was growing up. And then I continued that tradition with my friend Rebeccah for a couple of years. That where Adam and I went on our honeymoon, and where we went for a little excursion of our own when Erick was little.

I love the little Swiss theme, and all the shops- the candle shop was my favorite.




I've rock climbed on the rock "face" of Mt. Yonah with neighboring campers, I was scared to death and did not get that far, and I've tubed down the Chattahoochee River countless times.



There is great history there and Anna Ruby Falls is really beautiful!





I'm wanting to learn some new guitar tab so that I can play the guitar around the campfire again. I've written some new songs of my own, but who doesn't like to sing "Kumbaya"? Just kidding, there will be no singing of that song, but definitely maybe some Beatles songs and maybe I'll ask for requests- Freebird? That's a tough one, I've already tried it, lol.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Have fun! Love that place too!

Lisa Cook said...

Oh, I'm so excited! Guitar around the campfire is the best :)