CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Carrying a Tune

Now that Erick is 8 and is baptized, and can read fortunately, I am requiring him to go to choir practice with me after church. He was not happy about it until he found out he got to get a piece of candy afterwards. He is such a crazy little character when he is in a playful mood. When he is mad though... ugh! It is Pity City with that boy and he told me that he wants to just go to his room and pout- ha ha. Anyway, our church stake has a conference twice a year where all the wards congregate at their designated stake center and have a service. That is where we hear more of the "business" side of things as well as hearing uplifting talks and musical numbers and I appreciate the publicity of the inner workings of the organization side of my church. I love to sing in stake choir. It has a certain standard that my regular ward choir tends to lack and it just boils down to discipline and experience in singing and technique. This stake conference is going to have a youth choir as well as a primary choir(ages 8-11). I've decided to take Erick to the choir practices and let him experience it for himself. And I want all of my children to be exposed to this at an early age and carry it with them throughout their lives. Erick has been taking lessons for a while now, since March or April, and he will sit at the piano and practice all the time without prompting from me. Sometimes it's annoying when we are trying to get everyone settled down to eat dinner and he starts plinking out a song that he's memorized, but I secretly adore that he does it. And even though it seems like he has a knack for playing the piano(my dad was a natural musician), he can barely carry a tune in a bucket! He sounds so tone deaf when he sings that I try not to be too concerned with it, but I want to help him work on it while he's young. He has been able to correct his pitch, so while that is promising, it is going to make for an interesting choir.

0 comments: