CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Backpack


Have I mentioned yet just how much Erick loves Dora the Explorer? And Go, Diego Go and the Backyardigans and Yo Gabba Gabba. All this followed up by Spongebob Squarepants.
Dora is great for his little growing brain. He likes to clap along with the songs and when Backpack asks which things Dora needs, he'll say no at the appropriate times, usually just copying me though.He loves backpack so much, that we had to get him one.I didn't really want him to have a purple backpack though, so he has Diego's orange rescue pack, but we still call it backpack.I pack his diapers in it and he puts all his cars in it when we go places. He says, "Backpack, backpack," and when he first got it, he would absolutely NOT take it off. Which was annoying a little, because it wasn't really meant to be worn (it held some card games or something) and so the straps were too small to actually fit onto Erick's back. He totally did not care, but you could tell it was uncomfortable, because he kind of hunched over due to the backpack being hiked up to his neck. I, being the most wonderful and talented of all Moms(no offense to other great moms), bought some elastic and lengthened out the straps and now it fits great and still looks proportional to his body, which I would find amusing but would still bug me if it didn't.





Diego is the male equivalent to Dora's character. He likes the music in the beginning, but he isn't as enthusiastic about this as he is about Dora.




The Backyardigans are a group of imaginative... mammals? I don't know for sure, I mean some of them are actual animals, but one is an alien, maybe, or something crazy like that. Her name is Uniqua if that gives you a clue. Anyway, they have lots of fun adventures in their backyards and Erick knows how to be a pirate because of them... "Arggg."




Yo Gabba Gabba used to bother me a lot. Mainly because of DJ Lance Rock and the way he flails about, watch it and you'll see.He's the one dressed up all in orange. But I do kind of like all the songs that they have and it is pretty educational in a social way. Like don't eat things off the ground, don't hit your friends, and sharing. They're pretty catchy.Rachel bought Tripp a new outfit that was a little too big, but it has green and blue stripes and when Tripp wears it, he looks like the little green monster on the show. I thought that was pretty cute.


And of course Spongebob, which I think Erick knows how to say, but it comes out sounding a lot like backpack. And I have to admit it, I like watching Spongebob. It tickles my fancy. Adam watches it too, almost to a fault because he won't do anything until a commercial break, even thought it's a re-run.


I kind of felt a little guilty about letting Erick watch so much TV, but I interact a lot with the shows to help Erick learn, and I swear that he is already speaking some chinese from that new show Ni hao Kai-lan, yeah there's another show.


ps.click on the names of Backpack in the first paragraph and the other names of the shows for links.

0 comments: