Yesterday I played tennis for the first time in a few years. I used to play a lot, even though it was just a side hobby. My brother-in-law Allen, is really good and we would play. I also played with other friends of mine: Mike McAdams, Matt and Allison, and a couple others. Right after my mission, I moved to Douglasville with my sister Rachel. I enrolled into the University of West Georgia in Carrollton, and I soon moved there to be closer to the school and also the guy I was dating at the time. I moved in with my best friend Rebeccah Ewell and then later moved into a little house with my friends Wendi Camp and April Davis. Those years will hold some of the best memories for me. I had great friends, some who aren't together anymore :( , and some I don't get to see but maybe once every two years, and some I get to see at least once a month at Game Night. It was in the house on Brown Street that I started dating Adam. We had gone on a couple of dates while I was living at Beccah's, but hadn't hit it off yet. We were getting close, and he asked me to marry him and he got to know my room mates and the guys that they had started dating. It's funny. We three moved in single and wound up breaking our lease right before a year was up, because we were all engaged to be married. It was two weeks before the wedding, and we were hanging out with Matt and Allison playing tennis- or maybe it was just us, anyway... he sent a great return over the net and as I went to swing at it, I smacked myself in the mouth. Yep, right in the kisser! And I remember reaching up and feeling my mouth and thinking, "Man, the racket broke in my mouth... OH NO! That's my tooth!!" I had broken my front tooth and I was a basket case and crying... well, this was mostly after Adam had gone home. I was crying on the phone to my mom and the next day we called to make an appointment with the dentist. Talk about hysterical, I was really upset. It turns out that when Adam was little, he broke the same front tooth off in another boy's head- yes, head. They were playing some really dumb game of crossing your arms over your chest and running at each other. The boy had turned around and Adam ran at him, but some how it went wrong and Adam lost part of his tooth. He also remembers that the boy got money from the tooth fairy for his tooth and I don't think he got anything, lol. So, Adam and I have more than just matching personalities... and names for that matter. We have matching fake teeth.
1 month ago


1 comments:
Hahahahahaha! Why have I never heard this story?
Post a Comment