CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Columbus Stake Youth Conference 2011

I just got back from a youth conference in Columbus, GA. I am now the Young Women's President in my ward (which means church). Symony and I took a couple of our young women down on Friday evening for a dance and then we spent the night at a host's home and got up this morning for an afternoon filled with motivational speakers and a spiritual devotional. I was pretty excited to go for several reasons.

1. I did not have any little kids to look after- I got a mini-vacation from being a full-time mom! I'm so thankful that Adam was a trooper and took care of all the kids and I didn't once get an emergency the-kids-are-driving-me-mad call.
2. I got to know my 1st counselor better. Ok, let me explain. I have two counselors called to assist me in this presidency and even though Symony has been a friend for a while(we attend the same play-dates with our kids all the time and etc.) I haven't really connected with her on a one-on-one basis yet. It was a lot of fun and I think we stayed up later than the girls did talking. I sure was tired for the speakers and devotional that they had today.
3. I was excited for the spiritual uplift that comes with a gathering of this magnitude of christian teenagers, all uniting together to learn more about Christ and his teachings. It was awesome. Their little testimonies that they shared were quite interesting at times and very heartfelt, but it was really neat to see kids rising above the troubles of the world and trying to be different.

I was really surprised to see an old friend there- Ryan Roney. I felt lucky enough to be able to dance at least to one slow song, because I knew Adam wouldn't mind, ha ha. Adam doesn't dance anyway, which is a bummer sometimes but I deal :)

I remember going to these youth conferences when I was a teen and if someone had told me that one day I would be a leader chaperoning at a youth conf, I don't know if I would have believed it. It was neat to view all the future leaders of my church in their little faces.

0 comments: