CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 25, 2008

My very good friend Rebeccah and her husband Robert just gave me a pottery wheel. I am so psyched! I need to get a splash guard, but other than that, it is a marvelous kick wheel, with a platform to put my pots on to dry and finish. Awesome. Not that I am really good at throwing. I took a pottery class in high school, and I'm taking a class with Ashlee Meadows, so I know the majority of what I am supposed to do. It's just the practice that I need to develop my own technique, my signature look, if you will. I've been watching a lot of Project Runway, can you tell?

Okay and I'm also subtly trying to potty train Erick again. We got him this really cool Spider Man seat to go on the big potty. I am reading him this very cool book called Everyone Poopsand I DVRed a funny Blue's Clues potty song, where Joe is singing about "When you gotta go", and "let's see what we can do do do do", educational stuff. Erick will tell me when he has pooped, but it's very hard to tell when he has to. He's not one of those kids that goes off to "hide" while they poop. I don't even know if he has a poo-face to make. I've never seen it.

3 comments:

Clay Perry said...

throwing pots is a blast! i love it... everyone poops... thats too funny, i may get that book just for the heck of it!

Anonymous said...

Throwing pottery is so much fun! And relaxing!
By all means, watercolor my caterpillar. Send me a picture of the finished paiting though. I'd love to see it. I might even put the two side by side on my website!

Eve said...

Awesome. I'll post some artwork on here in the meantime.