CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 11, 2009

I had a wonderful time being a mother this weekend. My husband waited on me for pretty much the whole day on Sat, even made me a great sandwich, which was sent back to add tomatoes and he didn't even complain. He brought me the pickle jar and took it back after I had my fill. When I thanked him for doing all of that, he said, "Thank you, for always waiting on the kids, and on me, and for keeping the peace between me and your mom all the time." Ha ha, they get along pretty well, but it was so sweet. Then later that night, he went out Mother's Day shopping with the masses. He said he was a little scared, and normally would not want to be around so many people, but he just jumped right in there.
Of course, I have hinted to him for a while now about what kind of gifts I would like. I was extremely surprised! I told him specifically what kind of perfume I wanted, but he couldn't find it. But he did find what I had been gawking over around Christmas time, and I just assumed it wouldn't be available, since I haven't seen it since. Then, he bought me my all time favorite movie, which was awesome! I still don't know why I didn't own it in the first place, but I like the surprise. And I asked him to buy my mom a card, cause he knew what I would get her. Not only did he buy a great card, he bought her some chocolates and put it all in an Elvis Presley gift bag... she loves Elvis. How astute is that! All I have to say is that he is going to be one happy Papa on Father's Day!

4 comments:

Mikey said...

Kudos to Adam! Let me guess, the movie is either Better Off Dead, or The Princess Bride, right?

Eve said...

Yeah, it's Better Off Dead... we already have The Princess Bride.

emily said...

Wow to the hubby!! Yeah, nine years and four kids later and still none of that! Ok, I can't complain too much it is getting a little better. He and Lex brought me breakfast in bed (thank you Lex!)

ucmama said...

You are an awesome mama.

And I miss you.

<3