On Thursdays I teach two great aspiring artists- Kirsten and Jenifer. We worked on "Our Favorite Animals" today. While they were drawing and coloring their elephant and dog, I did their portraits in "blind art".Something I learned to do on my mission, thanks Gina!
Jenifer's dog, it wasn't finished when I snapped the picture.
Kirsten's elephant, also not completed at time of shot.
They had a little help on their drawings, but I thought they did an excellent job, especially on the faces!
10 months ago


4 comments:
I really like the one of Jenifer. And I would love to see some of their art too. Jenifer's especially :)
hey, i like that!
Those are too cool. I remember in one of my drawing classes at Georgia State there was a black woman in her mid sixties named Bobby who did blind portraits with her husband. They'd been married for 30 something years and they'd sit at a small table across from each other with paper bags over their heads. They would feel each others face under the bag and draw it blindly without lifting their other hand, which held the pencil, from the paper. From the way she talked they did it quite often. But, then, there are quirky people in art school.
I love it!
Jenifer's dog has excellent proportion. I'm really impressed!
Post a Comment