I am thankful for the frame shop that I part-time at. It helps me feel productive economically, and I get to frame stuff for my house for a really good deal. I started working there when I was a senior in high school. My art teacher asked me if I was looking for a job, and that her friend needed an apprentice. I worked for him for three years solid, and then I quit to prepare for my mission. It was ten years ago when I started that job, and I've kept in touch with DJ over the years. I stopped by and asked how he was doing one day, and he said that he could use some help. So, here I am, having a much better work relationship with him now that I am an "adult"- meaning married with two kids? Whatever the reason, it isn't as stressful as it was in high school. I have only been at it for about a year, and only a day or two a week, but I like it. It's a great job for an artist!
(I have some pictures to post later.)
10 months ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment