CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving was good this year. I was playing with Erick's hair and I styled it in a mohawk. He was messing it up and joking around, but then he really wanted me to style it that way, so I gelled the crap out of it and hair sprayed it until he'd have to sleep on it to make it come down. Which is pretty much what happened later when he took a nap. I'll post pictures later.

Thanksgiving happened to land on the anniversary day of my sister's death, so Adam and I had a good talk about her on the way to my In-laws' place for the Meal. That was actually the second or third time I met Adam, at my Mom's house. He heard about what happened and he came over and sat on my couch, while there were a ton of people coming and going and talking. I vaguely remember him, but thinking about what I know of him now... that was so sweet of him. He didn't even know me that well, and he went out of his comfort zone to comfort me. He must really like me, ha ha.

Before we ate, Adam helped his Dad rebuild the chicken-coop, and Erick looked like the rooster of all those hens. My mother-in-law cooked almost everything, except the pumpkin pie and green bean casserole, which I did. I didn't make my traditional Thanksgiving deviled eggs, but I don't think I had room for anything else. It was so good. Then we played BUGOPOLY,a spoof on Monopoly. Adam's dad is an entomologist and well, he wound up winning. Not because of his knowledge of bugs, but because of his sweet real estate skills. I was really rich at one time, but Adam totally knocked me out with his Bug cage-houses and his Tree-hotels. It was fun.

2 comments:

RAZ said...

I considered a degree in Entomology, but our current school doesn't offer it. The courses I took up at the U of I were pretty cool, though. I was disappointed because they never offered beekeeping courses during times that I could take them.

ucmama said...

I think Marie brought him over. I wasn't any good at sitting on the couch comforting anyone, so I just cleaned the kitchen. It made me feel better to be able to do something. I sure do miss that crazy girl. And I'm glad you're styling the mohawks. Maybe Erick will let you shave it into a hawk when he's bigger :)