CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

New President

I think that this is a really exciting time in the history of America, and that it definitely has come a long way in equality since slavery and segregation. I'm just bummed at some peoples' motives and that my pick didn't win. I don't like Obama's politics, but I did appreciate a few things in his speech and I hope that some of his campaigning was just to get votes and not socialist in intention. My mother is pretty scared for what might happen to our country. I am of Ukrainian descent and I have been taught of the trials and many sufferings of a nation struck down by Communism. I think, no... I hope that our country could never succumb to such treacheries, and that America will always stand for Freedom.

Obama said,

"In this country, we rise or fall as one nation, as one people. Let's resist the temptation to fall back on the same partisanship and pettiness and immaturity that has poisoned our politics for so long...
And to those Americans whose support I have yet to earn, I may not have won your vote tonight, but I hear your voices. I need your help. And I will be your president, too."


I certainly hope he has the courage to do what is right... not necessarily "right". I do fear for him too. There are a lot of close-minded people out there who don't see how far we've come as a nation, and who are still stuck in their selfish pride. I have to have hope that America will still be a great nation, and survive whatever the future holds. I just hope my posterity doesn't suffer too much.




Do you think he has what it takes?

1 comments:

ucmama said...

it depends on how you define "it"
HA!