CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Midnight Madness



There is a huge fan base for the Twilight Series among the woman in my church. We had it scheduled on our book club list, which not many people actually showed up for, but I think that was due to that it was around dinner time. But we all worked out our schedules to go to the 12:00 showing of Twilight Thursday, or should I say Friday. It was awesome!! I keep hearing on the news about teenagers and how they are making this movie so popular. Hello? How about us...

I thought it was great. I was afraid of it possibly being cheesy, but I didn't notice so much for the swooning of Edward and... Carlisle *sigh* I was surprised that I was okay with the movie's portrayal of the characters, because when I first Googled all about the movie, I wasn't happy with the cast. I must comment however on Rosalie's butt. It was pretty big, and I'm only saying that because she really stood out to me as not fitting with my mental picture of Rosalie. But maybe it's the animosity that I have toward her character anyway. And if you are concerned about my Twilight-obsession, pick up a copy for yourself... in fact you can borrow mine. (They're really my mom's.)

4 comments:

ucmama said...

this comment isn't really about you, because I know your tastes run in every direction...BUT, don't you think it's odd that there is a vampire series out there now that is so watered down that Mormon women are all over it? The same women that probably have never and will never read Ann Rice's version of vampires? and I don't mean watered down as far as plot, but rather less gore, less sexuality, etc. It's still about undead immortals and as far as I can see, the Church kind of frowns upon that kind of subject matter. Sorry if this is too long, or too preachy, or whatever. It's more of an observation than a judgment call. Dude, this is long enough to be a blog all on its own! uhh, I'm gonna go now...

Kat Rose said...

Good Stuff!!

Eve said...

Well, it was written by a Mormon, and because it's watered down, I like it better than Rice's books, even though Interview with a Vampire will always be a fave!

LC said...

Awesome! I want to go to a midnight showing of a movie. It sounds like a great time. I don't know anything about this "Twilight," but you've sparked my interest. I might have to borrow your (mom's) book(s).