CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 14, 2008

Thanksgiving is rapidly approaching and I'm going to start listing thing I'm thankful for everyday, because there are a lot of things to be complaining and whining about this year. I don't want those to overshadow the meaningful things in my life.
I'm thankful for: FAMILY
1. My Mom- she's been gone to Idaho for only two weeks, and I miss her terribly. And someday she won't be here, so I better stop taking her for granted.
2. My Dad- let's face it, I wouldn't be here without him, and I wouldn't be the person I am today-I have a deep sense of family, and I have a respect for my mom's example of strength in times of adversity. I still have tons of issues, and I keep thinking that they'll disappear after he's gone or something. They won't, but it might be easier if he can't talk back. I know he's trying- that means a lot.
3. My Husband- the pros totally outweigh the cons with this one. Most of the hard trials are temporal, materialistic that involve finances. And the most wonderful things have to do with the faith and hope of knowing that we'll be together forever, and that he loves me.
4. My kids- Erick and Tripp are constantly helping me grow and develop my patience and tolerance. I'm sure they will help me their entire lives. But they each bring a special something to our family,Erick's sense of humor and Tripp's happiness. They really feed off each other and it's fun.
5. My brothers and sisters- We're all in different places and stages of our lives and I learn so much from them. Everyone has a role and they are all equal. I can see one of them everyday, and some I can only talk to on the phone, and one I can only see through pictures and can no longer hear her voice, but I know she's there and is still playing her role in our family. She isn't gone, but she's waiting, listening, and helping when she can. The anniversary of her death is coming soon this month, and the memories of Sarah won't keep me from missing her, but they will keep me from being sad. She's still playing her role, even if I don't see it.


I never would have thought I would have so much to be thankful for in such a small word as Family.

2 comments:

The Nana said...

Aw Eve you make me cry! I love it when my children are loving each other! There is nothing more important than family!

Clay Perry said...

when it gets quiet and there isnt much to distract us, the things in our minds and hearts that we are truly thankful for usually fall on a very short list....